Archive

Sergio Ramos’s mum says the defender wants to stay at Real Madrid

first_imgAnother turn in ‘Operation Ramos’. When everything pointed towards Sergio Ramos leaving Real Madrid for Manchester United this summer, his mother, Paqui, has suggested otherwise.  The journalist, who got Paqui to speak through her car window, had already failed when asking Ramos’s father for his take on defender’s transfer saga. However, his mother was much more open to talking.  Sport EN CEST In quotes to Atresemdia, she has said that her son wants to stay in Madrid, that he wants to stay in Spain and that she does not see him moving to the Premier League.  Asked if Ramos would like to stay at Madrid, she responded: “Of course, yes, Madrid above all.” And she also assured, as we said, that she does not see him moving to Man United.  Remember that United are very interested in signing the central defender. Louis van Gaal is looking to build a strong side after returning the Red Devils to the Champions League. 30/06/2015 Upd. at 22:54 last_img read more

0
Read More

Deadline day drama brought Keylor Navas to tears

first_img 22/09/2015 “My agent was talking with everyone he needed to talk to and I was just waiting, like he told me to do. I went to Barajas [airport] and I was waiting for a flight with my wife. But we were not on the plane like they said, although we could see it nearby.  Navas had been set to move to United from Madrid, with David de Gea moving the other way, but the paper work never made it through on time.   “Then my agent told me that there had not been time [to complete the deal] and I asked him: ‘Can I go now?’ I went home. It was a complicated and difficult day and when I got home I cried.” Keylor Navas says he broke down in tears after his transfer from Real Madrid to Manchester United failed to materialise on deadline day.  He maintains that he never wanted to leave the club, but in an open interview with Cadena Ser he explained how the uncertainty of the day and his desire to play regular football had made it a difficult situation. “It was complicated,” Navas admitted. “I woke up like any normal day, but then in the afternoon I began to get some calls. My agent called me and told me things were moving and that I should stay by the phone.  “Obviously I want to play — last year I didn’t play and had to watch. That is difficult and nobody likes it.center_img CEST Upd. at 15:02 “I thought: let what God wants to happen, happen. I am calm. I don’t want to leave, but if I have to move it is because God wants me to. And in the end, God did not want me to go.  “I never wanted to leave. At no moment since I arrived at Madrid have I wanted to leave. I never thought when I signed it would only be for one or two years. I have clear goals and I’ve always fought for them and believed in myself. That’s why it was a complicated situation, but I never thought of leaving.  “Like I said, it was a complicated situation. So many thoughts go through your head, but in the moment you try to be a coherent as possible.  EFE, Sam Marsdenlast_img read more

0
Read More

Espanyol takeover to be completed in the coming days

first_img The Chinese businessman’s executives have been working in the offices at Cornella for several weeks now. Once he has signed off for the shares and he has assumed the club’s financial commitments and debt – the agreement has already been struck – the operation will be formally closed and Chen Yansheng will then be, at last, the decision maker at the club.  Upd. at 13:54 Chen Yansheng will officially become Espanyol’s biggest shareholder during the coming week.  The Chinese businessman, who arrived in Barcelona on Friday to close his purchase, will buy 56.2 percent of the club’s shares.  Mr. Chen will then be present for the La Liga game between Espanyol and Villarreal at Cornella-El Prat next weekend.  CET By that point, everything should be finalised and he will be able to watch the game as the club’s largest shareholder. center_img He will also assume responsibility for the syndicated loans, which was an essential reason behind ex-presidents Sanchez Llibre and Condal’s decision to sell.  That event is likely to be held in early March and it is then that they will reflect on the new shareholder structure at the Barcelona-based club.  The next step, which could also happen this coming week, will be for the current Board of Directors to call an Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders.  17/01/2016 Sport EN One question remaining, though, is whether Mr.Chen will help economically in the current transfer market or if he will reserve his investment on the playing side of things until next season, when the project will take on renewed excitement for Espanyol fans.last_img read more

0
Read More

‘Scum’ – Man City fans complain after fight with police in the Bernabeu

first_img It’s not known for what reason the fight started, but it has provoked a strong reaction in England, where the behaviour of the police has been criticised by Man City fans online. Fans in the video can be heard saying “scum” and “we’ve got this on camera”.  05/05/2016 at 11:55 CEST Sport EN In England, Manchester City’s elimination from the Champions League has been accepted, but they have not gotten over the violent images circulating on social media of a fight between the police and fans of the Premier League club inside the Santiago Bernabeu.  Inglaterra estalla contra el vídeo una agresión policial a hinchas del City en el Bernabéu pic.twitter.com/XBgprTZyUs— @superhincha (@Rsuperhincha) 5 de mayo de 2016 Here are the images which have been shared:   Inglaterra estalla contra el vídeo una agresión policial a hinchas del City en el Bernabéu (2) pic.twitter.com/t1kM0hNxpx— @superhincha (@Rsuperhincha) 5 de mayo de 2016 City fans not only returned to England on the back of a painful defeat, but also with multiple bruises on their bodies after a spectacular fight with members of the Spanish police who were keeping an eye on them in Madrid’s stadium in the capital city. last_img read more

0
Read More

Unai Emery breaks his silence after the argument between Cavani and Neymar

first_img Dani Alves takes the lead in the Neymar-Cavani war 21/09/2017 “At the end of the game [a 2-0 win against Lyon], with emotions high, there could have been a conversation which some could call an argument, but that’s normal, they happen in all games, one way or another. That doesn’t disrupt the good harmony, the good atmosphere that there is among the team,” Emery said in a press conference.  Emery rompe el silencio tras la pelea Cavani – Neymar IN SPORT.ES efe Emery also spoke about the dinner organised by Dani Alves to help the team bond and denied there’s a ‘Brazilian clan’ inside the dressing room upsetting the balance.  These comments confirm that there were moments of tension in the dressing room after Sunday’s game, when the two South Americans disputed who would take a 79th minute penalty — which Cavani missed.  Newspaper L’Equipe says the two forwards almost came to blows, something Emery did not confirm.  Upd. at 15:13 Paris Saint-Germain manager Unai Emery has broken his silence. Emery has clarified the situation between Edinson Cavani and Neymar, saying their problems have not broken the team’s “good harmony” and revealing his preference for penalty takers.  The motive for the dispute was who take penalties and Emery revealed: “The two penalty takers are Cavani and Neymar, because they’re capable of taking on that responsibility, although others can, too. We work on penalties a lot. We need more than just those two. The first [taker] is Cavani, the second is Neymar.”  CEST “They are two very competitive players who want the best for the team and, after that, logically, they also have individual objectives. There’s a good relationship among the players,” the Basque coach said.  RELATED STORIES “The atmosphere in the dressing room is good, they all speak among each other (…) Whether one is Brazilian, Argentine, Uruguayan, French or Spanish… Football is more open these days,” said the coach.  Neymar demands Paris Saint-Germain sell Edinson Cavanilast_img read more

0
Read More

Ex Real Madrid coach Julen Lopetegui expresses interest in US National team job…but gets…

first_imgAdvertisement ttfmNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vsc7b1Wingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Ecbyd( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 3f8hWould you ever consider trying this?😱fsCan your students do this? 🌚28p7vRoller skating! Powered by Firework (Photo Courtesy: Photo Examiner)Advertisement United States football team’s long wait to announce their next manager has finally come to an end. Columbus Crew’s manager and sporting director Gregg Berhalter is set to become their new manager next week.Advertisement Meanwhile, a source with firsthand knowledge says that Julen Lopetegui, who coached Real Madrid and Spain this year, recently approached U.S. Soccer through an intermediary to express interest in the U.S. job.Lopetegui was fired on the eve of the World Cup for having arranged his move to Real Madrid without properly communicating with the Spanish federation. The dream move too didn’t last long as he was sacked after just 14 matches, with a 5-1 loss to Barcelona in El Clasico.Advertisement The USA National Team were themselves without a coach after back-to-back sackings of Jurgen Klinsmann and Bruce Arena. Following this, Lopetegui decided to throw in the hat for the vacant post only to be overlooked by the board.U.S. Soccer replied that it was too far down the line in its process to entertain the interest of Lopetegui, who was undefeated in 20 matches (14-0-6) across two years as the Spain coach. U.S. Soccer offered no comment when asked for a response.Also Read:Unai Emery to okay sale of Elneny to find La Liga foray Advertisementlast_img read more

0
Read More

Inter Milan recruitment officials sighted in Manchester to settle on a Lukaku deal

first_imgAdvertisement 5o4douNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs6ef6uWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Eb05( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 8euWould you ever consider trying this?😱cbmqCan your students do this? 🌚694uz6Roller skating! Powered by Firework Romelu Lukaku is set to be the first big name to leave the supposedly sinking ship of Manchester United. Other fairly big names like Valencia and Ander Herrera have left for fresher pastures already.Advertisement Inter Milan had previously been playing down their pursuit of Lukaku, insisting that there’s absolutely no rush to agree a deal.Advertisement The club’s chief executive officer, Giuseppe Marotta, said: “The transfer market is a work in progress.“We are working hard to get the best squad possible for the new season.Advertisement “We are ambitious and want the best team possible. We also must find ways to respect all financial perimeters too.“We cannot rush things because that can lead to mistakes. We have clear ideas but we need to be patient.“We have important goals and transfer targets in mind.”The powerful Belgian striker has already cited his willingness to play for Antonio Conte’s Inter Milan side which is likely to resurface at the top of Italian football and are in the Champions League. Advertisementlast_img read more

0
Read More

Sevilla cruise to a 0-2 victory vs. Mallorca at Estadi de Son Moix

first_img 21/12/2019 Mallorca with their next fixture against Granada at away stadium, while Sevilla will face Athletic at home stadium. Mallorca defeated at home by Sevilla at Estadi de Son Moix on Saturday. Mallorca arrived with the intention of increasing their league score after a draw against Celta (2-2) while Sevilla fell defeated by 1-2 in the last match they played against Villarreal. As of today, Mallorca is 17th in the LaLiga, having garnered 15 points from 18 matches, while Sevilla sits at 3rd with 34 points after playing a total of 18 matches. The referee booked Fran Gamez, Ante Budimir, Iddrisu Baba, Martin Valjent and Aleksandar Sedlar from Mallorca, while for Sevilla Jesus Navas, Fernando and Sergio Reguilon saw a yellow card as well. The game started favourably for Sevilla, with a goal from Diego Carlos in the 20th minute, finalising the first half with a 0-1. Sevilla took the lead in the second half, thanks to a goal from Ever Banega in the 63rd minute, and the game ended 0-2.center_img Upd. at 15:14 At the end of the match, both teams made 3 substitutions each. For Mallorca, Cucho Hernandez, Pablo Chavarria and Aleix Febas came on for Salva Sevilla, Ante Budimir and Iddrisu Baba, while Sevilla brought on Jules Kounde, Franco Vazquez and Nemanja Gudelj to replace Luuk De Jong, Joan Jordan and Lucas Ocampos. SPORT.es CETlast_img read more

0
Read More

Casey Cardinia league review – round 2

first_imgBy Mark GullickBEACONSFIELD claimed its first ‘Battle of the Highway’ Cup after a seven-goal final term finally broke the stalemate…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.last_img

0
Read More

Who gets top marks?

first_imgBy DAVID NAGEL THIS weekend’s break for interleague provides the perfect opportunity to study the report card for all 10…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.last_img

0
Read More