Alex Telles [right] Real Madrid are keeping close tabs on Chelsea target Alex Telles.Jose Mourinho identified the Galatasaray left-back as a potential replacement for Filipe Luis, who returned to Atletico Madrid this summer.But now he may have to compete with his former employers at the Bernabeu, according to AS.Real Madrid already boast Marcelo and Fabio Coentrao but the report states that they are tracking Brazilian Telles, 22.It goes on to suggest, however, that they may wait until the next transfer window to make their move which could allow Chelsea to pounce.It remains to be seen whether the Blues will follow up their interest having landed Baba Abdul-Rahman. 1
1 Emre Can has been called up to the senior German squad for the first time for the forthcoming European Championship qualifying matches against Poland and Scotland.The Liverpool midfielder, who has played at Under-21 level for his country, is the only new face in a 23-man squad after impressing Germany coach Joachim Loew with his performances in a Reds shirt.“Emre has developed well for Liverpool and his versatility, his on-field presence and his dynamism have impressed us,” said Loew.“Now we want to get to know him better in the coming days.”Can could make his senior debut in Frankfurt on Friday, September 4. Liverpool midfielder Emre Can
Check out this sensational goal scored by Nacional under-14s goalkeeper Guillermo Centurion!Climbing above a packed box, the young glovesman expertly plucked a corner kick into his grasp before launching into a FIFA-style run, beating his opposing keeper and coolly slotting home.Watch the stunning goal in the video above!
Alexis Sanchez doubts Arsenal’s chances of Premier League glory this season 1 Alexis Sanchez believes Arsenal ‘lack self-belief’ to win the Premier League title this season.The Gunners blew a big chance to increase the pressure on leaders Leicester when they were beaten at home 2-1 by Swansea on Wednesday night.Joel Campbell had opened the scoring for the Gunners with an early goal, with the hosts also hitting the woodwork on three occasionsBut goals from Wayne Routledge and Swans captain Ashley Williams saw the Welsh side leave the Emirates Stadium with all three points for the third time in four years.And Sanchez, who hit the post in the first half before cracking a second-half free-kick against the crossbar, feels it is the squad’s confidence – or lack of it – has seen them suffer a damaging run of just three wins from 11 games in all competitions.“We lack self-belief, that we can actually be champions,” he told Directv Sports.“I think we can win the Premier League with the players we have. That said, we lack a certain hunger. We need to step out onto the pitch as if we’re already 1-0 up.“I remember a game against Manchester United last year. The lads looked hungry for silverware as we took to the pitch.“We crushed them in the first 20 minutes and went 3-0 up. We were hungry and brimming with confidence that day.”
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.However, in her four-page countersuit, Lohan maintains Ortega and an unspecified number of defendants she will name later that all were “negligent in the ownership, operation, repairs and maintenance” of his van. Lohan is asking for more than $75,000 in damage for the repair of her car and the cost of renting other vehicles. The California Highway Patrol report states that Lohan complained of leg and back pain and was interviewed later at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Actress Lindsay Lohan has filed a countersuit against a busboy who sued her alleging she was trying to flee photographers when her car hit his van in West Hollywood nearly two years ago, court papers obtained today show. Lohan lodged the countersuit Thursday in response to the negligence suit filed June 14 by Raymundo Ortega of Los Angeles. Ortega also alleges the starlet was drinking earlier and he is seeking at least $200,000 in damages. The collision between Lohan’s $200,000 Mercedes-Benz SL65 and Ortega’s van occurred about 5 p.m. Oct. 4, 2005, near Robertson and Beverly boulevards, according to Ortega’s lawsuit. Ortega alleges the actress, then 19, was looking over her shoulder instead of watching the road because she had been sensitive to paparazzi and often drove recklessly after a May 2005 accident in which a photographer rammed her car.
A series of road closures remained in effect, primarily along Bouquet Canyon Road, Sierra Highway and Whites Canyon. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AGUA DULCE – The Buckweed Fire, which has scorched an estimated 37,800 acres in Agua Dulce, Canyon Country and Saugus since it started Sunday, was 27 percent contained today, authorities said. The fire, which began in Mint Canyon west of Agua Dulce about 1 p.m. Sunday, had been 20 percent contained when firefighting aircraft were grounded at sundown yesterday. About 930 firefighters were battling the blaze today. Though no cause has been determined, Los Angeles County Supervisor Mike Antonovich said fire investigators were trying to determine if the fire was intentionally set. Fire officials said yesterday the blaze may have been the result of downed power lines. According to the Los Angeles County Office of Emergency Management, five people have been injured in the blaze, including two firefighters. The extent of their injuries was not immediately known. Most schools in the area were closed today, including those in the the Castaic Union, Newhall, Saugus Union, Sulphur Springs and William S. Hart school districts. Also closed was the College of the Canyons. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.Evacuation shelters remained open at Saugus and Golden Valley high schools. A total of 32 structures — including 15 homes and 17 outbuildings — were reported destroyed by county officials, although fire Inspector Sam Padilla told CBS2 that all 32 structures were single-family homes. Forty 40 vehicles were also destroyed. Also destroyed were bridges at Vasquez Canyon at Bouquet Canyon Road and Vasquez Canyon at Sierra Highway, said Deputy Dana Camarillo of the county’s Office of Emergency Management. A total of about 15,000 residents were evacuated at some point, but some were allowed to return home yesterday, as long as they showed proof of residency and remained inside their homes, according to Santa Clarita city officials. Among the structures destroyed Sunday was the Santa Clara/Mojave Rivers Ranger District Office in the Angeles National Forest at 30800 Bouquet Canyon Road, said Kathy Peterson of the U.S. Forest Service.
In a story Wednesday about the Los Angeles Police Department investigation into the May Day melee at MacArthur Park, Deputy Chief Mark Perez was misidentified. A story Tuesday about a local coastal program for the Santa Monica Mountains incorrectly said the Sierra Club supports the program. The Sierra Club has not taken an official position. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Calling on Los Angeles residents to be more civil to one another – and inserting the City Council in a nationwide debate – Councilman Bernard Parks is calling for a moratorium on the use of the “n-word.” Parks noted that Nov. 17 is the one-year anniversary of the much-publicized eruption by comic Michael Richards with the use of the word that prompted a national discussion about the word and its impact on society. “There is a discussion throughout the community about the use of this word and how offensive it is,” Parks said, adding that he had been approached by an organization, Mothers in Action, to commemorate the event with a resolution of condemnation. The City Council has been involved in a debate over the use of the word for more than a year, prompted by its use by some people during the public hearing session of council meetings. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREStriving toward a more perfect me: Doug McIntyre As a result, council members adopted a regulation allowing them to eject people who use offensive language.
A PROGRAMME aimed at creating new jobs is set to visit Tory Island next month. The free ‘Winning New Opportunities’ programme is a 20-hour training programme that helps people who are unemployed to access new education, volunteering, enterprise, and employment opportunities. Topics covered by the specially-trained WNO facilitators include: identifying participants’ skills and strengths; finding openings in areas of interest to participants; effective interviewing techniques; application form, CV, and cover letter writing; networking for opportunities; and dealing with obstacles and set-backs. The Tory Island WNO programme is run by Tuath in collaboration with Meitheal Forbartha na Gaeltachta (MFG), and is funded by the International Fund for Ireland. The programme will take place at Ionad Pobail Thorai from Monday, 9th May, to Friday, 13thMay, for four hours per day. Please ring MFG on (074) 95 32017 for more information. ‘NEW OPPORTUNITIES’ PROGRAMME COMING TO TORY ISLAND was last modified: April 27th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegaldailyNew Opportunies ProgrammeTory Island
A creditors’ meeting has been called for another hotel and nightclub complex – this time in Killybegs.Cope House, in the centre of the fishing town, had been for sale on the open market.Now the troubled business will have a meeting with all of its creditors on July 18th. Cope House is an imposing three-storey building on the main street with the Galleon Bar, a Chinese restaurant, the Lighthouse nightclub and 12 bedrooms. The creditors meeting will take place at the Millpark Hotel in Donegal town on July 18th.The news comes after another business in the town went into administration.John Cunningham & Co ran a Spar Shop in the town. Specialist Patrick McDermott of Patrick McDermott & Company in Letterkenny was appointed liquidator last week.Meanwhile a creditors meeting will take place next Tuesday, June 28th, in relation to one of Letterkenny’s best known businesses – B.G. Tyres Limited. That meeting takes place at Gallagher’s Hotel in Letterkenny at 9am.Next Monday, June 27th, a creditors meeting takes place – also at Gallaghers Hotel at 9am – in relation to Jack Barr & Sons Manufacturers Limited, Burnfoot.Last September the company was ordered to pay a total of €353,698 to the Revenue including €223,593 in taxes and €130,105 in interest and penalties.In a separate development, a Donegal publishing company has had a Judgement registered against it.Durgan Media Limited has had a Judgement registered against it for more than €1k by a Belfast-based graphics company. The judgement was registered on June 17th. CREDITORS MEETING CALLED FOR DONEGAL HOTEL was last modified: June 26th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:BG Tyrescope housecreditors meetinghscreditors meetingsDurgan Mediadurganmedia.iejack barr and sons burnfootKillybegsletterkenny